Top 3 Humanitarian Jobs of the Day: 15 Feb. 2018
"You can't change the world without a certain amount of healthy willingness to break the rules." Sebastian Thrun
Become a free member of Humanitarian Institute and receive updates, event invitations, discounts, career opportunities, access to exclusive content and more...
Enrol now for the upcoming Humanitarian preparation programs.
Project Officer (Communications with Communities), IOM, Iraq
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM), the direct supervision of the Emergency and Programme Coordinator and in close coordination with Heads of Offices and Project Managers, the successful candidate will be tasked with the implementation of Communications with Communities activities as a cross-cutting theme across all relevant IOM Iraq programmes, with a special focus on Accountability to Affected Populations.
Reporting Officer, UNOPS, Jordan
The Reporting Officer will be based in Amman Hub under the direct supervision of the Partnerships Advisor, and overall supervision of the Regional Director. Accordingly the incumbent will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and regularly update the UNOPS narrative reporting templete, in accordance with corporate and donor requirements.
- Draft and produce frequent and thorough reporting to UNOPS donors and partners in the region.
- Provide support and collaborate with the Project Managers and Operations personnel on the development of donor reports.
- Maintain reporting matrix, and review existing agreements in order to improve reporing to donors.
- Report on UNOPS activities as related to UNDAF, strategic and humanitarian response plans.
- Collate inputs to the periodic reports of the Secretary-General to the Security Council.
- Support the regional donor mapping, assessments on partner needs, and other analytical products as pertaining to UNOPS activities in the region.
- Provide support to programme/project staff to share knowledge and information as realted to donor and partner reporting.
- Draft and prepare press releases and other communication materials.
- Contribute to preparation of briefs and talking points, for discussions with partners in relation to the work of the Partnerships unit.
- Attend meetings (internal and external) relevant to UNOPS, including working groups coordination meetings in areas relevant to UNOPS work.
- Liaise with partners and any other parties as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required.
HR and Administration Manager, NPA, Iraq
The HR and Administration Manager is the head of human resources and administration management and has the overall responsibility for the development and implementation of HR- and administrative policies, procedures and systems in NPA Iraq. Responsible for ensuring HR policy compliance with the Iraqi labor Law and other relevant national legal laws and regulations, as well as alignment with NPA policies. Play an active role in the development and management of the NPA's Iraq Programme as part of the Senior Management Team.
Get prepared to achieve your dream Humanitarian career:
- Training - perfect balance of education and support
- Coaching - increase your chances of landing your next job!
- Professional development - enhance your skills and facilitate impact