Top 3 Humanitarian Jobs of the Day: 14 Feb. 2018
"No action, no change. Limited action, limited change. Lots of action change occurs." Catherine Pulsifer
Become a free member of Humanitarian Institute and receive updates, event invitations, discounts, career opportunities, access to exclusive content and more...
Enrol now for the upcoming Humanitarian preparation programs.
Keeping it close to home today. The following are great access point positions for those transferring into the Humanitarian sector.
Digital Content and Communications Officer, EthiopiAid, Australia
Ethiopiaid works in partnership with local Ethiopian organisations to alleviate poverty in a realistic way, so that sustainable change can be driven at a grassroots level. We have no religious or political affiliation and take an impartial approach to supporting all people.
We are seeking an experienced Digital Content and Communications Officer to join our small Melbourne-based team, though this role will also support three additional Ethiopiaid offices internationally in UK, Ireland and Canada.
This is an exciting role which requires someone looking for variety and challenge. You will be highly motivated and well organised and ideally have previous experience in maintaining an online presence for an organisation.
Grant Writer, CUFA, Australia
Cufa has a full time Grant Writer role available. The position will ideally suit an energetic and driven individual with a passion for the international development sector who has experience in developing and writing funding submissions.
Reporting directly to the CEO, responsibilities involve developing and responding to unilateral and multilateral funding opportunities. The key objectives for this position is the successful sourcing and bidding on funding opportunities aligned to Cufa’s development mission. The Grant Writer is responsible for researching new grant and tender opportunities through multilateral organisations, government and foundations, working with the international projects team to create responses, and submitting tenders and proposals.
Intern Advisor, Career Trackers, Australia
Career Trackers purpose is to Create Opportunities That Inspire Excellence, which drives their passion to develop students into future industry and community leaders so they can become the role models for future generations of Indigenous students. They believe that by creating a strong community of role models we will see more Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders gain a degree at university and pursue their career passion. Role overview:
- Work in a team with other Intern Advisors and be responsible for students' participation in the program
- Engage with our key partners including some of Australia's top employers and education institutions to create opportunities for students
- Provide training and create internship opportunities aligned to students' degree and career passion
- Present the CareerTrackers program at university campuses and register students
- Build students confidence and support them to achieve and retain internship opportunities that lead to a graduate position
Get prepared to compete and achieve your dream Humanitarian career:
- Training - perfect balance of education and support
- Coaching - increase your chances of landing your next job!
- Professional development - enhance your skills and facilitate impact