Top 3 Humanitarian Jobs of the Day: 07 Feb. 2018
"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." Harriet Tubman
Become a free member of Humanitarian Institute and receive updates, event invitations, discounts, career opportunities, access to exclusive content and more...
Enrol now for the upcoming Humanitarian preparation programs.
Program Officer, Australian Human Rights Commission
Under limited direction:
- Design, manage, implement and report on international human rights cooperation activities in Australia and other countries.
- Monitor and evaluate the outcomes of international human rights cooperation activities.
- Undertake research and policy development relevant to human rights..
- Provide strategic support and capacity building for overseas project partners.
- Consult and liaise with key suppliers over the delivery of services.
- Represent the Commission to high-level delegations, including delivery of public presentations.
Girls' Education Grants Manager, Care Australia, Papua New Guinea
CARE Australia is looking to fill the position of Girl’s Education Grants Manager in our Papua New Guinea Office. This role is responsible for the contractual and financial management of project partners and sub-grantees. The role includes providing ongoing mentoring and capacity building opportunities to partners in relation to contract and financial management. This role will require an in-depth understanding of program activities with financial expertise to assist in grant management.
The role also provides regular analysis of program implementation against budgets to inform program decision-making, and ensure that the program is implemented in compliance with CARE and donor regulations, ensuring timely review of financial reports.
Data Analyst / Programmer, Institute for Economics & Peace, Australia
The successful candidate will have experience in software engineering and database management. They will also have experience with web design. S/he will be able to offer technical support such as database design, formatting, storage design and implementation, and automated process scripts for a team of researchers. The successful applicant will also assist IEP’s communication team with web page design and maintenance. Data visualisation skills would be a strong advantage.
The role will contribute research on a wide range of topics related to the Global Peace Index, economics, development studies and peace and conflict studies. Ideal candidates will have completed a degree in IT, computer science or software engineering.
Get prepared to compete and achieve your dream Humanitarian career:
- Training - perfect balance of education and support
- Coaching - increase your chances of landing your next job!
- Professional development - enhance your skills and facilitate impact